Every Business user that’s part of a subscription has an account role of either Owner, Admin, Team Member, or Artist. Each role comes with different permissions and access.
- Can update billing details and subscription settings.
- Can delete the organization from Songspace.
- Has all administrator permissions.
- Has access to everyone's pitches in the company.
- Cannot update billing details or change subscription settings.
- Cannot impersonate or change permissions settings of the subscription owner.
- Can create new team catalogs and manage who gets access.
- Can create or invite new users to the organization.
- Can impersonate other users from the admin panel.
- Can create and delete songs and playlist folders from team catalogs.
- Has access to everyone's pitches in the company by default. (This setting can be changed)
- Cannot create or manage access to team catalogs.
- Cannot change other user account roles.
- Cannot delete existing songs and playlists from team catalogs.
- Can pitch songs and playlists from team catalogs.
- Can be granted access to team catalogs by administrators.
- Cannot create new songs and playlists within team catalogs.
- Can add songs from team catalogs into their own private playlist folders.
- Can have access to everyone's pitches in the company or only their own pitches depending on user settings.
- Can have access to publishing information depending on user settings.
- Can create private ideas, which are not accessible if the account is being impersonated.
- Can contribute songs to team catalogs through shared playlist folders.
- Does not have access to pitch history.
- Cannot be granted access to team catalogs.
To learn more about managing user account roles, see Adding and managing your subscription's users.
To learn more about upgrading to a Business account, click here.