When someone shares a song with you, the song appears in the Shared With Me section of your catalog. You're probably wondering what happens when you reject the song share. You may also wonder how to reject a song share.
First, we'll go through the process of rejecting the song or playlist share and then we'll discuss the possible outcomes of doing so.
Rejecting a song or playlist share
1. To reject the shared song, you need to navigate to the Shared With Me section of your catalog. Click Shared With Me from the sidebar menu.
2. The Shared With Me section shows all of the songs and/or playlists that have been shared with you from people in your Network or people outside of your Network. To reject a share, hover over an item and click the trashcan icon.
3. After clicking the trashcan, you will be asked to confirm the rejection. Click the Remove button and the song or playlist will be gone.
What happens now?
Now that you've rejected the share, you're probably wondering how that affects the person you rejected.
Here are the possible outcomes:
1. If you were given Can Edit access and a role on the song, you will remain on the song as a credit (Credit Only.) This is because you were given a role on the song.
2. If you were given Can Edit access and no role on the song, you will be removed from the song entirely.
3. If you were given Can View access, you will be removed from the song entirely regardless of role.
Note: There's only one result for rejecting a playlist or catalog share, you will be removed entirely from the playlist or catalog and will not have any access to it.