How to Move a Folder
1. To open the Move Folder modal, right-click the folder title to open the dropdown menu for more options and select Move Folder.
How to move a folder into another folder
1. Just select the folder you'd like to move it into and click the Move button.
How to move a subfolder into My Songs
1. To move a subfolder into My Songs, open the Move Folder modal from the subfolder dropdown menu.
2. Since the modal automatically opens up My Songs, all you have to do is click the Move Here button. Then the subfolder will be moved out of the parent folder and into My Songs.
How to move a folder into a new folder
1. To move a folder into a new folder, open the Move Folder modal from the subfolder dropdown menu.
2. Click the folder icon on the top left.
3. Type in the title of the folder and click the checkmark to create the new folder.
4. Click the Move Here button and your new folder will be created and contain the folder you were moving.
Important things to remember
- Folders are only allowed 3 levels, so you won't be able to move a folder that would break this rule.
- Folders cannot be moved into folders you have view only access to.
- Moving shared folders will have an affect on members. Before a move is final, you will be alerted if people will be affected.
- Members of a shared folder will gain access to any folders that are added to it. Before the move is final, you will be alerted letting you know about the change in sharing.
- If you have a lot of folders, you can use the search feature on the Move modal to find what you're looking for.
Note: For more info on moving folders as a Business user, click here.