When you add a writer to a song project, any publishing agreements that are associated with the writer will appear. You can also add a new publishing agreement to a writer in the song project.
Newly created publishing agreements will be associated with the writer after initial creation, so you won't have to keep adding the same publishing agreement over and over.
How to add a new publishing agreement to a writer on a song project
First, you need to navigate to the song project. Then go to the Publishing Information tab. Here you will see any writers that have been credited on the song project. From here you can add publishing agreements to all credited writers.
Create a new publishing agreement
1. There are two options for creating a new publishing agreement for a writer on a song project.
- If a writer doesn't have any existing publishing agreements, you can click Add Publishers+.
- If a writer does have existing publishing agreements, you can hover over the Writer and click Change Publishing Agreement.
- Clicking this shows more details on existing agreements and gives you the option to create a new publishing agreement. Click the Create new Publishing Agreement button.
2. After entering the Agreement Details, click the Add Publishers button to move onto the Publishers section.
3. The Publishers section lets you add Relevant Territories and add publishers.
- To add a Relevant Territory, click the Select relevant territory link and type in a search.
- Click the result matching text and the territory will appear in the Relevant Territories section.
Note: You can add multiple territories.
- To add a publisher, click the Add Publishers link. From here you can search and find an existing publisher or create a new one.
- To find an existing publisher, search for an existing publisher and click the matching result.
- To create a new publisher, click the Create a new publisher link under the search.
- Fill in the information and click the Save Publishing Agreement button.
- After creating a new publisher or selecting the result from the search, the publisher will appear in the Publishers section of your Network.
Note: You can add multiple agreements for multiple territories.
- Section 3 contains the Advanced Settings. This section is not required to create a publishing agreement. This section shows the Effective Date Range and the Agreement Owner.
4. Click the Save Publishing Agreement button and the new agreement will be applied to the writer.
How to add a new publishing agreement in the Network
You can also add publishing agreements on a writer's contact card in the Network. Then whenever you add that writer to a song, the publishing agreements you add will be applied.
1. Find the writer in the Network, hover over the contact, and click Details to expand the contact card.
2. Click the Pub. Agreements tab to see any existing publishing agreements.
Note: If user has existing agreements, the Add a new publishing agreement link will appear under existing agreements. If the user doesn't have any existing agreements, there will be a message letting you know that there are no agreements saved and an Add A Publishing Agreement button will be available.
3. Click the Add a new publishing agreement option and you will be taken through the same steps for creating a new Publishing Agreement that begin in the Create a New Publishing Agreement section of this article.